A video containing the following information can also be found here:
- Select filters from the Dashboard.
- Client/Employee/Doctor - select Billing
- Select a Transaction - select Post Payments
- Use the filters to set the payment criteria for the payment post.
- Select the start and end dates.
- Start and end dates are treated as billed dates by default, unless the Search by Performed Date box is checked.
- Enter the invoice number.
- Invoice numbers are located on billed invoices with the status of patient responsibility or private pay.
- The AP Number corresponds to the Billing Item ID on the Submission Report.
Note: a claim will not show on the Payment Report until it has been billed. The claim must either be submitted electronically or an invoice must be generated for the claim.
- Click Update View to view claims matching the criteria settings. The Payment Report opens.
- Enter payment information.
- name of payer
- check number
- check date
- check amount
TCN if applicable
Note: these fields will auto populate for each invoice.
- If the check amount exceeds the amount due, the remaining amount displays under the invoice item in the Remaining Check Amount (Overpayment) field.
- The software will automatically populate each invoice item in descending order, until the check amount runs out.
- If the check amount is less-than the amount due, the remaining invoice amount displays under the invoice item in the Remaining Open Invoice Amount field.
- If applicable, enter Patient Responsibility amount (co-pay, co-insurance, deductible) and reason for rejection (denied claim) under Error Information.
- Click Apply Changes to apply payment to the invoice.